What you will know after you finish this tutorial¶
The tutorial is really simple but should be enough of a head start to writing applications using Pyramid Web Framework. By the end of it you should have a basic understanding of templating, working with databases, using url routes to launch our business logic(views) and authentication, example of form library usage and pagination of our blog entries.
Pyramid_blogr makes some initial assumptions:
- Will use alchemy scaffold with SQLAlchemy as its ORM layer
- Mako templates will be our choice for templating engine
- URL dispatch will be the default way for our view resolution
- A single user in database will be created in setup phase
- Will perform a simple authentication of the user
- Authenticated user will be able to make blog entries
- The entries will be listed from newest to oldest one
- We will use webhelpers package for pagination
- WTForms form library will provide form validation
This tutorial was originally created by Marcin Lulek, developer, freelancer and founder of https://appenlight.com.